Wednesday, August 10, 2011

NeoAir Trekker Salvage

I recently obtained a damaged Thermarest NeoAir Trekker, size Regular, which had been deemed trash-worthy by someone else.  Apparently it had a leaky valve, and the previous owner didn't want to undertake a repair.



So I did a quick valve replacement using the Thermarest Valve Repair kit.  This was a simple process and took no more than 10 minutes.



I inflated the mat, and left it overnight to test if was airtight.  Morning proved that there was still a leak, so I dunked it in some soapy water and found a small pinhole in the top surface of the mat.


A judicious application of Seamgrip should remedy the pinhole.  This repair is still curing, so I'll report on the results after another overnight test tonight.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment